Here is a compilation of my top 10 things to do when in Ladakh. This is solely based on my experiences and will help you plan out your trip better:
1. Have a hearty meal on the terrace at the Leh View Cafe in Leh – surrounded by hills this is an excellent way to ease your way into Leh on the first day of your arrival. You can potentially meet a lot of fellow travelers and plan out your activities in groups
2. Get going with a bunch of fellow travelers and light a big bonfire at KCs and invite all your new found friends – a great way to meet fellow travelers
3. Camp overnight at Pangong Tso – you may want to take a tripod to capture the early morning colors of the lake and the mountains – they are incredible
4. Take a trek up to TarLa – It is a 5 day trek and is offered by most tour operators. For more adventure try the Stok Kangri trek.
5. Visit the Leh Gurudwara for a first class chai and free food
6. Go river rafting at the confluence of Indus and Zanskar rivers
7. Rent a bike and drive 50 kms in either direction of Leh for a breathtaking experience of the rugged terrain
8. Enjoy the Nubra valley desert and stay at a local guesthouse
9. Wake up early and visit the Thiksey or Hemis gompa for an early morning prayer session. Plan a trip in the spring if you want to catch the festivals
10. Bike down from the Khardung La Pass to Leh – not recommended for the faint hearted.
PS: Take it easy the first 2 days to get acclimatized to the mountains .
[ad#Image Only 250x250] [ad#Image Only 250x250]Tags: CitiScapes, CulturalScapes, gompa, india, kashmir, ladakh, LadakhScapes, leh, pangong tso, tar la, Top Things to Do